Mike 8/6/22 – 30 minutes
You are correct when you say you’re learning the importance of the correct sequence.
In simple terms: shoulders back, hips forward.
Today, we worked on overall swing mechanics focusing on:
- Leading with left shoulder…no independent actors or free lancers.
- All muscles and bones follow the leaders: Shoulders back; hips downward and forward
- Shoulders leading the way during backswing…and all body parts follow
- Hips lead downswing and everyone follows the inside move to your target line
- The target line runs in both directions, to the front and to the rear
- Follow your target line in the takeaway and the through swing
- Keep the club in front of you to prevent taking the club back inside too soon
- During the downswing—lag or drag the club into the ball. Same position as set up.
I’m flexible time-wise so let me know when you would like to meet for another session.